The Norwich Public Schools Education Foundation proudly celebrates a decade of supporting Norwich Public Schools student achievement and enrichment! The mission of the Norwich Public Schools Education Foundation is to support the Norwich Public Schools in providing a challenging and enriching educational experience to maximize the learning potential of every student for success in the 21st century.
The Norwich Public Schools Education Foundation was started by two NPS moms in response to drastic budget cuts in 2011. Thanks to the generous support of businesses, community groups, and people like you, a decade later, the Foundation is proud to announce it has now awarded over $100,000 to Norwich Public Schools classrooms in support of NPS student achievement and enrichment!
Grant projects funded by the Foundation over the past decade have been at the forefront of leading educational innovation and have spanned the diverse spectrum of educational content, thanks to the passionate and innovative teachers and staff of Norwich Public Schools.
Just a small sampling of such innovative and diverse grant projects fulfilled made possible by the Foundation include:
– Held a Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) career fair and hands-on expo;
– Purchased over 25 new musical instruments and funded the repair of over 35 musical instruments facilitating the reinstatement of instrumental music at both NPS middle schools;
– Funded an after-school competitive math team;
– Funded a gym-sized National Geographic world map;
– Purchased 76 Document Cameras for classroom collaboration;
– Provided funding for Physical Education equipment;
– Provided funds for enhanced materials for English language learner students;
– Funded the purchase of over $5,000 in new books for every NPS school library;
– Funded hands-on inquiry-based science investigative projects;
– Funded projects supporting social, behavioral and life-skills development;
– Provided curriculum tool kits for Literacy and Math instructional materials.
If you ever donated to the Norwich Public Schools Education Foundation or if you’ve ever attended one of the Foundation’s FUN-raising events like the awesome Staff Follies, our pasta dinners, our Mohegan Sun Arena luxury suite fundraiser, or tag sales, YOU are part of this very special celebration!
The Foundation’s mission is a work in progress and we need your help to continue this important work. Please consider making a donation at www.npseducationfoundation.org/donate/ or consider shopping at https://smile.amazon.com/ making the Norwich Public Schools Education Foundation your charity of choice.