The Foundation recently awarded $3,694 in grants to Norwich Public Schools classrooms in support of student achievement. The grants include:
– “It’s All About Science” awarded to Uncas Elementary.
– Support for the upcoming production of “Roald Dahl’s Willy Wonka for Kids” musical at Kelly STEAM Magnet Middle School.
– “Using Decodables for Successful Independent Reading” at Wequonnoc Arts & Technology Magnet School.
– “Interactive Reading and Math Materials” for Students with Special Needs K-1 at Moriarty Environmental Sciences Magnet School.
– Materials to Support Students with Complex Communications and Behavior Needs at Samuel Huntington Elementary.
– “Mindful Middle Schoolers” at Teachers’ Memorial Global Studies Magnet Middle School.
– “Lunar New Year at NPS” by staff at Veterans Elementary School
– “Fiesta!” at Uncas Elementary.
The Foundation has awarded $123,694 to NPS classrooms in support of NPS student achievement.
The Norwich Public Schools Education Foundation invites current or former NPS parents and other members of the Norwich community to get involved with the Foundation’s mission of supporting the Norwich Public Schools in providing a challenging and enriching educational experience that maximizes the learning potential of every NPS student and prepares each NPS student to succeed in the 21st century.
You could contribute by volunteering a few hours to one of our many fundraisers. Feel free to check out our next meeting on Tuesday February 6 starting at 6pm at 7 Clinic Drive, Norwich. Please email us at NPSEducationFoundation@gmail.com for additional info.